National Museum of American Jewish History logo

Object Record

  • Email This Page
  • Send Feedback
Object name Box, Tzedakah
Description Copper pushke used to collect funds for the Downtown Home for the Homeless. With handle, lid, and clasp; inscribed on the bottom. "Donated by the Lipshitz Bros., June 1, 1942." Tall, round container. Lidded, with slot for donation and brass clasp. Shiny with some soldering on handle and clasp.
Collection National Museum of American Jewish History
Credit line Gift of Jack M. Sturman, Philadephia, PA
Object ID number 1979.12.1
Date June 1, 1942
Place of Origin Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Organizations Downtown Home for the Homeless
Lipshitz Brothers Sheet Metal Manufacturers
Subjects Ritual object
Philanthropy
Business
Height (inches) 6.13
Width (inches) 5.25